Left over elements from Club Penguin
Club Penguin Rewritten contains many left over elements from Club Penguin such as items, rooms, stamps, games, etc. This is because Club Penguin Rewritten uses Club Penguin's media server.
- Stu Jr. was supposed to get a new throwing animation, but was scrapped. According to Hagrid, Stu Jr. would throw their hammer at someone when Stu banned them.
- The Island Lei has a redesigned non-unlockable icon .swf file, despite the fact the item only has been released as a code.
- The Red Nose was planned to have an unlockable icon, but was scrapped due to people finding the code early before it was officially released.
- The Very Cherry Background was originally going to be released as a separate code, but was merged with the Strawberry Costume code instead.
- The Enchanted Armour color scheme was originally going to be different shades of blue before being settled on a shade of purple.
- The Tussle has another ID of 1108, which is custom and only has a sprites .swf file. This suggests that the item was intended to be in a catalog, but was scrapped.
- The Red and Yellow Stripey Hat is a head item that was scrapped from the The Fair 2017's Prize Booth at the Forest. It would have been redeemed for 1500 tickets.
- The Sunset Surfboard is a hand item that was supposed to appear in a Game Upgrades update for Catchin' Waves, but was cancelled due to Club Penguin Rewritten temporarily shutting down.
- The Purple Keytar is a hand item that lost to the Blue Keytar in the third Item Vote to see which item would be added to the Penguin Style Jun'18.
- DJ Maxx Music Jam Giveaway is a background that was found in the game's local crumbs. It was supposed to appear during Music Jam 2018, but was scrapped.
- Dot's Halloween-y Giveaway is a background that was found in the game's local crumbs. It was supposed to appear during the Halloween Party 2018 along with Dot, but was scrapped because of time constraints. It was removed on December 14, 2018 due to it being replaced by Sensei's Fire Giveaway.
- The Popcorn Pin is a pin that was scrapped from the The Fair 2017's Prize Booth at the Forest. It would have been redeemed for 150 tickets.
- The Microphone Pin is a pin that lost to the Top Hat Pin in a vote to see which item would be added to the game during the 101 Days of Fun event.
- The Padlock Pin is a pin that will be obtained by enabling two-factor authentication.
- Jet Black (or Dark Black) is a placeholder color used when the penguins color cannot be determined. It is used in things such as Minigames, Paint by Letters and PSA Missions.
- Dark Red is a color that lost to Lavender in Color Vote 2017. It placed second in the vote. It looks similar to Red's shadow value.
- Maroon is a color that lost to Lavender in Color Vote 2017. It came in last in the vote.
- The Recon originally had the drawings from Sector 2 on the whiteboard and the Herbert practice targets had a lighter color palette. In the final release, the whiteboard is blank and the Herbert practice targets have a darker color palette.
- The Dojo Pathway emblem in the gazebo originally had color, but was changed to brown to blend better.
- The Serene Springs had a ton of key differences in its concept art versus the final version. Some differences include a sign where you could adopt a Grey Puffle, the ninja puffle on the top left and the stone puffle on the right of the waterfall were missing, and the walkway and water had a different look.
- The Culdesac was scrapped due to it not fitting with the 2010 Club Penguin art style the team wanted. It featured entrances to the Mall and Hospital.
- The Mall was scrapped due to it not fitting with the 2010 Club Penguin art style the team wanted. It was going to coexist with the Stage.
- The Hospital was scrapped due to it not fitting with the 2010 Club Penguin art style the team wanted. It reused some elements of Operation: Blackout's Lighthouse design.
- Card-Jitsu was supposed to get a leaderboard, but didn't because of Club Penguin Rewritten temporarily shutting down. It is unknown if it will ever appear.
- Sled Racing was confirmed to get stamps on August 30, 2018 and was delayed to September 6, 2018 according to the Club Penguin Times, but never appeared. It is unknown if it will ever come. Sled Racing's leaderboard from the Penguin Games is also set to come back.
- Hydro-Hopper is supposed to receive a redesign in the future according to devcast along with stamps.
- Jet Pack Adventure is supposed to receive a redesign in the future according to devcast.
- Card-Jitsu Water was supposed to come in November 2019, but was delayed due to time constraints. It is set to come out in 2020.
- Game Upgrades at the Cove was supposed to get an update with the Sunset Surfboard, but didn't because of Club Penguin Rewritten temporarily shutting down.
- Igloo Upgrades May'18 was originally going to have the Whale's Mouth, but it was scrapped for unknown reasons.
- Penguin Style Jan'19 was going to have a hoodies section, but it was replaced by shirts.
- Penguin Style Mar'19 has sprites and text for The Shamrocker in the catalog's .swf file, suggesting that the item was planned to be a secret item in the catalog, but was scrapped. It would have cost 200 coins.
- Better Igloos Dec'19 has sprites and texts for the Coins For Change Donation Station in the catalog's .swf file, suggesting that the item was planned to be in the catalog, but was scrapped. It would have cost 75 coins.
- The Grey Puffle originally had a darker shade of gray, no eyebrows, and it was sleeping in its icon in its first concept art. In Rainbert's concept art for the puffle, it was revealed that the puffle was going to have a slightly different tongue color and the animations for playing and bathing were different. For its play action, the training dummy the puffle fights originally resembled a walrus and a polar bear, but was changed to resemble Octi instead. For its bathing animation, it was originally going to be the puffle bathing in a square bathtub with a paper screen behind it, but was changed to incorporate the gardening aspect of the puffle. For its angry animation, the grey puffle was originally going to hiss, but was changed to it reading a newspaper instead.
- The Gold Puffle was supposed to appear in April 2017, but was scrapped. It would've been available from the Quest for the Golden Puffle play. It was shown in a deleted What's New Blog post and Club Penguin Rewritten's Twitter even held a poll asking people if they wanted it to be added with 63% saying yes. When it was hacked into the game, it was shown that it reused the Orange Puffle's puffle card and the Red Puffle's animations for playing, eating, and cleaning. However, it had its own sleeping animation. This is because it was still early in development.
- The Rainbow Puffle was developed as a concept, but was never released. When it was hacked into the game, it was shown that it reused the Orange Puffle's puffle card and the Blue Puffle's animations for playing, sleeping, eating, and cleaning. This is because it was still early in development.
- The Halloween Party 2018 Postcard says it's sent by someone called "Test Name123", which suggests that the postcard was originally going to be in the Postcard Catalog.
- There was supposed to be a logo for the party, but it was scrapped due to time constraints.
- The Prize Booth at the Forest originally had different items like Blue Cotton Candy, Red and Yellow Stripey Hat, Fair Beacon Background and the Popcorn Pin.
- Sled Racing was supposed to have a Christmas theme during the party, but it was scrapped.
- A complete version of this was released for the Holiday Party 2019.
- A concept for a notice board similar to the one in the Captain's Quarters was found in the Town's .swf file.
- The Brown Puffle was originally going to be introduced during the party, but was instead introduced during the Wilderness Expedition.
- It was shown in devcast that the Forest and the Great Puffle Circus Entrance originally used The Fair 2011's design from Club Penguin and the Prize Booth at the Forest used The Fair 2012's design as placeholders for the rooms and booth. They were changed in the final release.
- The Pizza Parlor was originally going to be a custom version of the room from The Fair 2011, but instead it remained unchanged from that party.
- Spin To Win was planned to appear, but was scrapped because of time constraints.
- The Global Prizes was originally going to be daily login rewards, but was changed to rewards players can receive when a certain amount of tickets were obtained.
- The Box Dimension was supposed to be decorated during the party, but it was scrapped.
- Dot was originally supposed to appear during the party and have a new background, but didn't because of time constraints.
- The map was going to be updated, however it was scrapped because it couldn't be completed on time.
- The Hidden Dojo Room, Dojo Pathway, and the Serene Springs were originally meant to be temporary rooms for the party, but instead became permanent rooms.
- Smoothie Smash was originally going to be added during the party, but it was scrapped due to time constraints.
- There was originally going to be an Igloo Contest themed around the party, but it was scrapped due to time constraints.
- Magic Quest was originally called Enchanted Quest and was supposed to have a maze, but was scrapped due to time constraints.
- The Dragon Queen originally didn't follow the player during the boss fight.
- Stu was originally going to voice the Dragon Queen, but didn't because of Joee.
- It was originally going to have only a few rooms decorated, but the team decided to add Water Party 2017 rooms due to community suggestions.
- The Pizza Parlor went through 2 designs before being released.
- It was shown in a video promoting the party that The Migrator was originally not docked at the Beach. It also showed that Spin To Win was originally called Grab & Spin when hovered over.
- It was originally going to be combined with the Halloween Party, but was scrapped due to not everyone on the team being on board with it. The Mine Shack was also supposed to decorated after a haunted theme park, but was scrapped.
- The Bumper Car Bonus originally didn't have a Cream Soda barrel, hay on the top left, and a sign pointing to the Bonus Games Room. The Feed Fluffy Trashcan also originally had balloons attached to it.
- There was supposed to be new content during the second week, but it was scrapped to focus on the upcoming party.
- Originally, the glass box in the Coffee Shop that has Screenhog's logo in it was originally going to be a picture frame of either a cherry blossom tree or Arctic Blue, Pink, and Arctic White penguins.
- The Coffee Shop's walls, counter, the bow tied to the counter, and carpet went through several designs before the final release.
- There was originally not going to be any construction before the party.
- The rooms were originally going to be just black and white without any decorations, similar to the style of the Night of the Living Sled (series).
- There was originally going to be a transition somewhere in the party similar to the ones in the from the Night of the Living Sled (series).
- The Monster Mash Stamp was supposed to return during the party, but didn't for unknown reason.
- The homepage originally didn't have balloons, the snowman next to the Lighthouse, or the penguin snow angels.
- There was supposed to be more sculptures, but they were scrapped due to time constraints.
- It was originally planned to be a one room event, taking place in the Mine Shack. However, after hearing feedback from the community, the Town and Plaza were decorated as well.
- The script ["parties20.fashion.voting_ui"] = "content/voting_ui.swf?contentVersion=" was discovered in the global crumbs files suggesting that players were originally going to vote for contestants during the Fashion Contest, but was scrapped for unknown reasons.
- The .swf file mentioned in the script does not exist.
- The Penguin Prom was going to be an event in June 2018, but was scrapped because the team thought it would be too inappropriate.
- The Great Storm of 2019 was going to be an event in October 2019 and was supposed to take place before the Halloween Party 2019, but was scrapped due to time constraints.
Tour Guide Messages
|“||Welcome to the Culdesac! Here you can find the Club Penguin Mall and the Hospital!||”|
|“||This is the hospital. Penguins go in here if they don't feel well!||”|
|“||Welcome to the Mall! Penguins come here to shop for clothes and items!||”|
|“||This is the Recon room! This is where all agents train, gear up and plan. The Tube Transporter can be used to teleport to the EPF Command Room.||”|
- Card-Jitsu was planned to be included in the Club Penguin Rewritten Improvement Project, but was scrapped.
- A new EPF mission system was supposed to be released shortly after February 2018, but didn't due to Club Penguin Rewritten temporarily shutting down.
- Two-factor authentication is supposed to be coming out in the future along with the Padlock Pin. It was supposed to be released in November, but didn't because of Card-Jitsu Fire development.
- It was confirmed in devcast that they want to add a like system to igloos.
- Igloo Flooring will be able to be saved to the inventory in the future, as well as an option to save igloos you created according to devcast.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/tim_rollinson/status/889273018140295168
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/z1d8idN
- ↑ https://youtu.be/skVDzhWue0A?t=3018
- ↑ https://twitter.com/CPRewritten/status/1145661514197741574
- ↑ https:/twitter.com/oddjoe99/status/1166311660862287874
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/TJO6lso
- ↑ https://twitter.com/HagridCP/status/969036178757431296
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/WKgpo6c
- ↑ https://community.cprewritten.net/2018/09/02/whats-going-on-qna-4/
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/qcmcHqX
- ↑ https://youtu.be/7Z62rJloM9U?t=6692
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Rainbertt/status/1124123363633508352
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Rainbertt/status/1124101087986880514
- ↑ https://community.cprewritten.net/fact-friday-4/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/HagridCP/status/969036289180921857
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/zfWftM1
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/InGFyeK
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/Gq0769c
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/HHHV1jb
- ↑ https://youtu.be/7Z62rJloM9U?t=1975
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/ocVPQUB
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/MuXOYZh
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/vybFjO8
- ↑ https://twitter.com/HagridCP/status/969037491075452929
- ↑ https://twitter.com/tim_rollinson/status/969038457015357440
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Rainbertt/status/1124130337683050497
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/0OX8cIg
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/Dc8B3fI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEc1GqdCx4U
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/GVfsRew
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/lkaA0PK
- ↑ https://twitter.com/HagridCP/status/977968773792747523
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/DvdpdF2
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/REy9adz
- ↑ https://twitter.com/CPRewritten/status/841048875829993472
- ↑ https://youtu.be/7Z62rJloM9U?t=1729
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z62rJloM9U&feature=youtu.be&t=5430
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/eUAph5L
- ↑ https://i.imgur.com/ghsWktB.png
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/dqvrVUx
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/9wqJico
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/raBMbka
- ↑ https:/twitter.com/CPRewritten/status/1243559631810695173
- ↑ https://club-penguin-rewritten.fandom.com/wiki/Template:Didyouknow?oldid=186146
- ↑ https://twitter.com/CPRewritten/status/1142364603327950848
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/Zjbm2FB
- ↑ https://community.cprewritten.net/2019/08/06/medieval-party-delay-explained-behind-the-scenes/
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/VOvSmBo
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/Qe0NbTn
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/qj6wPFG
- ↑ https://youtu.be/1GWqSdq5Ep8?t=7
- ↑ https://twitter.com/CPRewritten/status/1174422533862543360
- ↑ https://twitter.com/CPRewritten/status/1171099415718891520
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/A4GpzAa
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/gYHfyAB
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Rainbertt/status/1186688647199936514
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/8WOS3Rq
- ↑ https://twitter.com/tim_rollinson/status/1187540610313572352
- ↑ https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/298129801540272138/636720038631571480/yees.png
- ↑ https://community.cprewritten.net/2019/10/06/show-off-your-art-this-november/
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/Vm4RVFw
- ↑ https://community.cprewritten.net/2020/02/14/recap-on-our-third-anniversary-party/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/CPRSupport/status/1239232623484047365
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/xIGn3xP
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/NkFxREg
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/F9azK7O
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cprip/status/863116748177891329
- ↑ https://twitter.com/HagridCP/status/969036086486945794
- ↑ https://imgur.com/a/cJ5nNl6
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z62rJloM9U&feature=youtu.be&t=1h35m28s
- ↑ https://youtu.be/7Z62rJloM9U?t=6249
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.