This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin Rewritten.
The Soccer Mommy Concert was an event in Club Penguin Rewritten. It was first announced on March 30, 2020 via the Club Penguin Rewritten Twitter account. It was held on April 16, 2020. It was originally meant to be held on April 2, 2020, but was postponed due to server issues.
The event was accessible on all servers starting from 5pm Pacific Time, and lasted for one hour. Players could begin entering the Concert Hall at around 4:15pm Pacific Time.
The concert was a collaboration between Club Penguin Rewritten and American singer Soccer Mommy and her band in promotion of Soccer Mommy's new album Color Theory. The Club Penguin Rewritten Staff was on the server Crystal to record the event.
- For the concert, the band performed every song from their recent studio album, Color Theory. They performed them in order of the album's track list presented on streaming services. Also, on streaming services, all song titles are stylized in all lowercase letters.
- Circle in the Drain
- Royal Screwup
- Night Swimming
- Crawling in My Skin
- Yellow Is the Color of Her Eyes
- Up the Walls
- Gray Light
|Blue Electric Guitar||Graeme's Player Card|
|Blue Keytar||Rodrigo's Player Card|
|Blue Snare Drum||Rollum's Player Card|
|Golden Microphone||Sophie's Player Card|
|Purple Electric Bass||Julian's Player Card|
On the day when the concert was originally supposed to be held — April 2, 2020 — there was a large number of players trying to get into the game at the scheduled time, some particularly going to the server Crystal as the Club Penguin Rewritten Staff would be present in that server. The high influx of penguins caused server issues and the game reportedly crash for a short period of time. Due to this, the concert had to be postponed.
According to Club Penguin Rewritten's Twitter Account, due to insufficient server capacity, Club Penguin Rewritten had to acquire better servers to accommodate the high number of players expected to attend the concert. According to the story, they hope to have the servers prepped and ready by the end of the second week of April 2020.
- The decorations were added when the event was supposed to begin on April 2, 2020, but were removed when it was announced to be delayed.
- A new temporary feature was introduced during the event called room sharding, where multiple copies of a room exists.
- This feature will be used for the Concert Hall only.
- In addition to the room sharding feature, there was another feature that would allow the concert to viewed on all servers.
- Thorn could be seen in every server of Club Penguin Rewritten simultaneously in the days leading up to the concert as he was testing this feature.
- As shown in the April 2 design of the Concert Hall, the Concert Backstage was originally not planned to be a room during this event, but was added for the finalized version of it.
- During the concert, there was a bug where if you spawned in the Snow Forts, your penguin might become stuck in the air at the top-left corner of the screen. The only way to get out of this was to use the map or teleport using the EPF Phone or Spy Phone.
- Players could not equip items that made noise (such as the Bell or the Whistle) during the concert. This was so players wouldn't interfere with the music.
- Similarly, players could not use the toot emoticon.
Soccer Mommy Concert Archives
- Archived files on this topic can be found here