This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin Rewritten.
- Were you looking for something else? Check out the disambiguation page.
|“||Get ready to Jam Out!||”|
The Music Jam 2020 was a party in Club Penguin Rewritten. It was confirmed by Hagrid on the What's New Blog on May 9, 2020, and the visiting mascots were also revealed. It eventually began on June 12, 2020 and ended on June 25, 2020.
It was originally scheduled to begin on May 21, 2020, but on May 19, 2020, it was announced that it would be delayed without any specified new date.
On May 19, 2020, it was announced that the Music Jam 2020 would be delayed until further notice. During this period of delay, the Penguin Band were practicing when some of their instruments had gone missing. As a result, they asked for the help from penguins and the Instrument Hunt 2020 commenced.
After the hunt concluded with all instruments recovered, the Music Jam 2020 started on June 12, 2020.
|Band Autograph||Penguin Band's Player Card|
|Boombox||Night Club Rooftop|
|Cadence's Twilight Giveaway||Cadence's Player Card|
|DJ Maxx Background||Dock|
The following stamps were also available to collect during this party:
|G Billy||Meeting G Billy|
|Petey K||Meeting Petey K|
|Stompin' Bob||Meeting Stompin' Bob|
- At 22 days, the Music Jam 2020 holds the record for the longest-delayed party in Club Penguin Rewritten.
- The record was previously held by the Medieval Party 2019, which was delayed by 10 days.
- It is the first Music Jam to not have DJ Maxx as a meetable mascot.
- Former administrator hagrid released a Twitter thread on June 13, 2020 depicting the original plans for Music Jam 2020.
- The Music Jam 2020 Interface originally had a different design and featured a concert schedule. The All Access Pass would have also been obtained through this.
- The logo went through several designs before the final one was chosen. One of the logos showed that the party was originally meant to be called Music Jam: Beach Party.
- The map originally had a different design.
- There were plans for a river to flow through the Town and Snow Forts.
- The Beach, Iceberg, Dock, Snow Forts, Mine Shack, Town, Back Stage, and the Plaza had different designs.
- There was supposed to be an interactive Concert Hall called the Snowball Dome with performances by Cadence, DJ Maxx, Dubstep Puffle and the Penguin Band.
- Taking the fact that multiple flashing images and effects were going to be used, there would have been a pop-up warning players about that potential lag.
- The songs that were going to be performed were: "The Party Starts Now", "The Party Starts Now Remix", "Anchors Aweigh", "Ghosts Just Wanna Dance", "Cool in the Cold" and "Dubstep Puffle".
- For "The Party Starts Now" segment, Cadence would have been joined by four backup dancers; Lucy, Rosie, Jordyn, and Alice.
- Out of the original plans, only the Concert Hall Emotes were added to the final party.
- Ocean Blue cheering and clapping emotes were found in the interface.swf, but are unused in-game as a result of a bug.
- There was a bug where people were offered either the Penguin Band Stage Giveaway or the Band Autograph when the Penguin Band made their first visit during the party. Players could only pick up the Band Autograph as trying to pick up the former would say that it was unavailable. It is unknown if this was fixed.
- There was a bug at the Snow Forts where the time on the clock was slightly displaced and the clock target was missing.
- There was a bug when the party released where standing on the stage at the Coffee Shop, Beach or Forest would cause the audio track of the room to play again, causing the background audio to have two same tracks playing at the same time but not in sync. This was fixed for the Coffee Shop and the Beach the next day. This bug was never fixed at the Forest.
- There was a bug that stopped players with the All-Access Pass from entering the Night Club Rooftop. This was fixed shortly after the party launched.
- When the party first released, the Town was not updated and normal users could see other users' messages that were filtered by the Super Safe Chat filter. This was patched immediately afterwards.
Music Jam 2020 Archives
- Archived files on this topic can be found here
- Back Stage
- Beach, Dock
- Casa Fiesta, Ski Village
- Coffee Shop
- Night Club, Night Club Rooftop
- Pizza Parlor
- Plaza, Snow Forts, Town