This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin Rewritten.
- Were you looking for something else? Check out the disambiguation page.
The Medieval Party 2020 was a party in Club Penguin Rewritten. It was confirmed in issue #166 of the Club Penguin Times and was originally scheduled to begin on July 23, 2020, but did not begin until a day later on July 24, 2020. Construction for the party began on July 16, 2020. The party was originally scheduled to end on August 6, 2020, but actually ended on August 7, 2020.
- 1 Background
- 2 Items
- 3 Stamps
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 SWF
- 7 References
On June 24, 2020, it was revealed in issue #164 of the Club Penguin Times that Rockhopper was returning to the island in July, with a mysterious book that caught the attention of Gary. Gary was hesitant to explain why he was concerned. In issue #165, it was revealed that the book was glowing green.
On July 9, 2020, Rockhopper arrived on the island, hurrying to give the book to Gary. That same day, issue #166 of the Club Penguin Times revealed the starting date for the Medieval Party 2020. At the time, it was not known whether or not the mysterious book was connected to the party. Rockhopper stated that the book had caused a "mess", which was evident by the tilted frame of Rockhopper's painting, the fallen bottle, and the unlit candles.
In issue #167 released on July 16, 2020, Gary explained that the mysterious book was indeed connected to the party, "bringing the past to Club Penguin Rewritten at a very fast rate." He also warns penguins that danger was also becoming more imminent on the island, with damage visible in the Town. Furthermore, several penguins have reported seeing dragons flying over various places on the island.
On July 24, 2020, the full Medieval era took over the island. According to Gary, the era they were in was an era where the dragons had won and the penguins had lost. To change the course of history, Gary instructed players to dress up medieval-style and look for clues around the island that would eventually lead them to the dragons' hideout. Players must then defeat the Hydra, the Dragon Queen and Scorn once and for all.
On July 31, 2020, following the battles with the Hydra, Dragon Queen and Scorn, the island slowly began to return to normal. In the midst of these changes was the discovery of a School near the Ski Village. Gary asks the player to help them once again by translating the rest of the pages from the mysterious green book.
Return to present
On August 7, 2020, the island fully returned back to normal. It was also revealed that Rockhopper had managed to leave the island prior to the island returning to the Medieval era.
*Added on July 31, 2020.
See page: Medieval Catalog
The following stamps were also available to collect during this party:
|Out at Sea||Finishing Ye Knight's Quest 1|
|Party Puzzle||Finishing the first challenge of Ye Knight's Quest 1|
|Path Finder||Getting lost in the third challenge of Ye Knight's Quest 1|
- The Town originally had a different design before being released.
- The week two version of the Beach and Town were released earlier than scheduled on July 30, 2020. All other rooms at the time still retained their week one version.
- Oddly, when in the Boiler Room, you can hear a muffled version of the regular Night Club theme, even though when you enter the Night Club, a completely different theme is being played.
- The School concept art had some key differences versus the final version. Some differences include a banner that says "Go Knights", a cream soda barrel near the wall, an extra plate on the top right table, wands on the left tables, and the pizzas being more detailed.
- The Fire Dojo had its decorations from the Celebration of Fire during the party.
Medieval Party 2020 Archives
- Archived files on this topic can be found here
- Beach, Beacon, Forest, Iceberg, Pizza Parlor, Stadium
- Book Room, Coffee Shop, Dance Lounge, Gift Shop, Lodge Attic, Night Club, Ski Lodge, Pet Shop
- Dock, Plaza, Ski Village, Snow Forts, Town
- Hidden Lake, Mine, Mine Shack, Underground Pool, Underwater
- School, Sky Kingdom
- Treetop Fort, Ye Knight's Quest 1, Ye Knight's Quest 2, Ye Knight's Quest 3
- Page A3, Issue #166 of the Club Penguin Times