- Were you looking for something else? Check out the disambiguation page.
Coins for Change is an annual virtual charity that has allowed penguins to donate their virtually earned coins to various booths and stands placed in-game on Club Penguin Rewritten. Real money is then given to charities because of the virtual contribution.
In Issue #84 of the Club Penguin Times, it was announced that Coins for Change would be returning for 2018. It began on December 14, 2018 and ended on December 27, 2018.
A grand total of 192,150,800 coins were donated. The final results were:
- Build homes for children: 55,723,732 coins
- Protect the Earth: 71,095,796 coins
- Provide medical help: 65,331,272 coins
Coins for Change 2019 was first confirmed through the Coins For Change Donation Station after 2018 concluded as well as in issue #137 of the Club Penguin Times. It began on December 19, 2019 and is scheduled to end on January 2, 2020 in conjunction with the Holiday Party 2019.
Less than 13 hours after the event first released, more than 144.7 million coins have been donated, which led to an update that added an extra digit to increase the coin donation limit. On December 20, 2019, the 200 million coins donated mark was reached, surpassing 2017's and 2018's record.
By 3am PST on January 2, 2020, the amount of coins donated was 441.8 million.
On January 8, 2020, the donation results were revealed.
A grand total of 443,162,500 coins were donated, which was an estimated 131% increase from the previous year. The final results were:
- Building Homes: 141,812,000 coins (32%)
- Protect The Earth: 194,991,500 coins (44%)
- Medical Help: 101,927,375 coins (23%)
- Coins for Change is started each year when Rockhopper arrives at the Club Penguin Island.
- Several donation stations are scattered throughout the island. They're mostly located in main places like the Town.