|Codey is a former Staff member of Club Penguin Rewritten, who has left the team or been demoted.
Demotion and post-demotion
According to Codey, the administrators wanted to add a "sled racing update" for the Game Upgrades catalog. Codey disagreed to releasing the update due to many other bugs that needed addressing. He later saw that the update had been released without his approval, so he decided to ban Joee, to which he regretted. Codey was subsequently fired from his position on February 8, 2018 for an "array of reasons" according to the Club Penguin Rewritten Team.
After his demotion, he still had control of the CPRewritten Twitter account. On February 15, 2018, he made a tweet via the CPRewritten Twitter that Club Penguin Rewritten's custom made source, Auroris, was now open sourced. The repository released by Codey was later disabled due to a DMCA takedown notice, because he had no permission to open source Hagrid's work. Sometime after the shutdown in March 2018, Hagrid open-sourced an outdated version of Auroris.
According to Stu, Codey and friends began harassing and threatening certain staff members with swatting and revealing personal information to get the game shut down. This led to the staff announcing on February 22, 2018 that the game was shutting down, but they quickly deleted the announcement and said that the game was staying. They also regained control over the main twitter account the same day.
According to the staff, the threats continued and four days later on February 26, 2018, the game was announced to shut down again for real this time. The game was shutdown on March 4, 2018, but was brought back a month later. Codey, however, claimed to not be associated with the criminals that made the threats. The incident caused the Club Penguin Rewritten staff to rethink how to handle safety and security on the internet better to make sure something similar doesn't happen again. According to the admins, they cooperated with cyber-security experts during the time Club Penguin Rewritten was offline.
- A new Discord was created for Club Penguin Rewritten in 2018. The community had moved to it after the original one still had Codey in it.
- He helped out with updates within the game.
- He used to run the YouTube and Twitter account for Club Penguin Rewritten.
- He sometimes posted updates on the What's New Blog.
- He resigned on October 14, 2017, but came back a few hours later, the same day. He was later demoted on February 8, 2018.
- He is one of the two penguins that owns the Penguin Chat Igloo.
- He and Wicked Wickz are currently the only ex-staff members to be permanently banned.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 twitter.com/CPRewritten
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 https://cprewritten.net/announcement.html
- ↑ https://community.cprewritten.net/2017/09/26/updates-and-an-apology
- ↑ https://github.com/ncodeyx/Auroris
- ↑ https://github.com/HagridHD/Auroris
- ↑ https://medium.com/@StuffDev/the-end-of-an-era-whats-to-come-why-it-happened-868cff5c45e2
- ↑ https://twitter.com/CPRewritten/status/966546620824391680