The subject of this article does not have an official name, and as such, it has a conjectural title.
The 2019 Club Penguin Earthquake occurred on July 24, 2019 during the construction of the Medieval Party 2019. Various aftershocks could be felt island-wide every 30 minutes or so (after the initial quake at 1:05 PM PST), which would initiate the emergency lights at the Town, that when fired up, an emergency siren would play.
Gary went to investigate and alarm the public about the earthquake. According to a book Gary found, the dragon queen would make an earthquake happen before her appearance is known. She would make a "surprise attack" to show how powerful she is. Gary suggested this may be related to the source of the earthquake.
The tremors ended August 4, 2019, when the Medieval Party began.
The damage of the earthquake was widespread but did not affect the entire island. It triggered several cracks in buildings. A street lamp, the Pet Shop puffle sign, and a Stage light fell at the Plaza. Several lights stopped working in the Night Club, and a spotlight stopped working in the Pizza Parlor. The earthquake also caused a large speaker to fall in the Night Club. The music in the Night Club became distorted and sounded as if it was being played at a slower rate.
On July 26, 2019, cracks formed at the Boiler Room. The boiler and its connected pipes broke causing leaks, and the light started flickering. A large warning sign was added.
- The Keeper of the Boiler Room left the speaker where he would usually sit when the earthquake occurred.
- The Pet Shop puffle sign got a sad face on it instead of a happy face shortly after the initial earthquake.
- In the original Club Penguin, a similar event took place in June 2008. This was where Herbert used the Earthquake Driller to dig tunnels underneath the island, which caused the Earthquake, leading to PSA Mission 8: Mysterious Tremors.
- Even though the Clock Tower's target has fallen, you could still get the Clock Target Stamp by just throwing snowballs on where it was supposed to be.
- If you were in the Plaza or the Dock when an earthquake occurred you could hear a dragon roaring.
- ↑ Page A6 - A7, Issue #116 of the Club Penguin Times